F&B outlets receive clearer COVID clarifications

0
249

The Phnom Penh City Hall has provided more clear COVID-19 health guidelines to allow food and beverage outlets to operate safely.

The Governor of Phnom Penh, Khuong Sreng, warned on Monday that any restaurants that do not follow the new directive to prevent the spread of COVID-19 would be temporarily closed until they complied with regulations reports the Khmer Times.

To ensure businesses won’t be closed, already struggling with a loss of customers and profit due to the pandemic, they are encouraged to follow notification No. 042/20: “[Restaurant] Owners shall prepare hand sanitiser and check temperatures at entrances before allowing customers to enter their restaurant or food court while a physical distancing policy shall be implemented correctly following the instructions from the Ministry of Health.”

The Phnom Penh Municipality has also deployed working groups to hand out leaflets and checking that businesses adhere to the guidelines in Phnom Penh.

There are still grounds for the argument that the directive’s “physical distancing policy” still remains unclear. Some inspectors requested tables be placed 1.5 meters apart said the national Cambodian newspaper.

Chhay Sivlin, president of the Cambodia Association of Travel Agents had earlier in the week said that as many as 99% of tourism based-businesses closed in Cambodia due to COVID-19.

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here