ANZ Royal (ANZR) is committed to delivering quality products and services to enhance its customers’ banking experience. ANZR’s Internet Banking service gives customers the convenience and ease of managing their accounts, checking their balances, transferring funds and paying bills online.
To ensure our customers greater security and protection as they bank online, we have introduced a new 2nd Factor Authentication feature for all financial transaction internet banking users. With this new security feature, customers will now need to use a security token to log in to their internet banking account.
How it works
- The new security token adds a second level of security by generating a one-time Security Device Code which users have to type in after submitting their user identification (ID) and password details to log in to ANZ Royal Internet Banking.
- Each security token is uniquely tagged to a customer’s internet banking user ID, so that no one else can use their own device to log in to another user’s account, preventing unauthorized access.
- The one-time Security Device Code consists of a set of six random digits which changes with each new login
- This makes internet banking transactions more secure as an additional step in taken to authenticate the identity of the user, helping to prevent unauthorized transactions.
- All financial transaction internet banking users will require the use of a Security Token Card to login to their Internet Banking accounts.
About ANZR Internet Banking
- ANZR has over 20,000 customers who have signed up for Internet Banking. The number of internet banking users is increasing by 2% month on month.
- Of the 20,000 customers, 6,000 are actively using Internet Banking on a regular basis.
- ANZR has the shortest security token activation lead-time in the market. It takes only 30 minutes for existing customers to activate their security tokens. For new customer it’ll take only one business day from April onward.
- To date, ANZR has distributed 1,300 Internet Banking Tokens. ANZ Royal launched Internet Banking in February 2010. Our internet banking 2nd Factor Authentication security feature was introduced on 1 October 2012.
For enquiries or more information on the new 2nd Factor Authentication security feature, customers can call ANZR Royal at 023 999 000.