On 4 July 2017, the Ministry of Interior (MOI) issued a Notice, which noted that some local associations (LAs) and NGOs have yet to fulfil their obligations prescribed under the Law on the Associations and Non-Governmental Organizations (LANGO), effective 12 August 2015, and have acted contrary to their statutes.
The Notice aims to ensure participation of the LAs and NGOs in implementing and focusing on the obligations imposed by Article 10 and Article 25 of the LANGO, urging the LAs and NGOs to participate as follows:
– The LAs and NGOs shall notify the MOI and the Ministry of Economy and Finance (MEF) in writing of all of their bank accounts, to be opened or opened for their operations in any bank in the Kingdom of Cambodia as stated in Article 10 of the LANGO, no later than the end of September 2017.
-The LAs and NGOs shall notify the MOI within 15 days from the date of any of the following changes in the LA and NGO:
- the statutes or by-laws;
- the office address or location;
- the chairman or executive director; or
- the information of the bank account.
– The LAs and NGOs shall submit their annual financial report and their annual report on their activities to the MOI and MEF by the end of February of the following year in accordance with Article 25 of the LANGO.
– LAs and NGOs who receive any financial support from donors are required to submit to the MOI and MEF a copy of the aforementioned reports, as well as project plans and financing agreement, no later than 30 days from the date of the submission of those reports to the donors. The LAs and NGOs shall keep those reports at their office for a minimum of five years.
– For the above reports for financial year 2016, the LAs and NGOs shall submit such reports to the MOI and MEF in accordance with Article 25 of the LANGO, no later than 30 September 2017.
Failure to comply with the above conditions will subject the local associations and NGOs to measures set forth in the LANGO.