- This event has passed.
AmCham Breakfast Discussion
August 16 @ 7:30 am - 9:30 am$20
A Partnership to Combat Counterfeits
The Cambodian Counter Counterfeit Committee was created in October, 2014 by the Ministry of Interior to act as the lead organization to confront and eliminate counterfeit goods in Cambodia. The CCCC is empowered to investigate cases of counterfeiting, take action to remove those counterfeit items from the marketplace, and then work through the legal system to prosecute the counterfeiters.
The CCCC works in close corporation with more than a dozen ministries, departments, and government bodies and has recently removed substantial quantities of fake goods from the Cambodian marketplace. This more aggressive stance on counterfeit goods is changing the way Cambodia conducts business.
This meeting will provide an opportunity for participants to find out exactly how the CCCC works. It will also give participants an opportunity to interact directly with key personnel and discuss problems of counterfeit goods and parallel imports impacting them. The CCCC will present the latest developments in combating counterfeits, and provide an opportunity to jointly work towards actionable goals.
- Lt. Gen. Sophana Meach, Under Secretary of State, President of the Counter-Counterfeits Committee of Cambodia
- Maj. Gen. Liv Sophanarith, director of the Secretariat of the CCCC
- Mr. Mak Theara, deputy director of the Secretariat of the CCCC
- Mr. Kun Sothy, assistant to the President, legal advisor to the CCCC
- Col. Thomas Bovet, advisor to the CCCC
- Mr. Rithivit Tep, Chairman of DEVENCO, a strategic partner of the CCCC
- Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the link here to register online.
Cost: $30 for AmCham members, $40 for non-members