- This event has passed.
Data Privacy in Cambodia
March 30 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Australian Chambers of Commerce in Cambodia (AusCham Cambodia), Laos, and Myanmar are hosting a joint webinar on data privacy for the SEA countries on March 30, 2021.
The free legal webinar is for companies doing business in Asia’s emerging markets where “the legal requirements are not always readily transparent, so to assist our members in their data compliance obligations, the Australian Chambers of Commerce in Cambodia, Laos, and Myanmar have teamed up with regional Southeast Asian law firm, Tilleke & Gibbins, to provide a webinar on the data protection laws in our jurisdictions.
The session will comprise three sections, each covering:
- The legal and regulatory frameworks in each country
- The definitions of and stakeholders in “personal data,”
- The legal requirements and limitations on the collection and processing of personal data
- The duties imposed upon data controllers
- The penalties for breaching local data protection laws.