C9 Hotelworks and Delivering Asia Communications have organised the Cambodia Business Briefing 2021 online webinar to take place on Tuesday 26 October.
The virtual business briefing will focus on Hotels, Tourism, Real Estate and Sustainability in Cambodia.
The organisers said “Cambodia remains one of Asia’s top-up and coming marketplaces. Pre-pandemic, its pace of development hit a fever pitch and as we move towards the reopening of international travel the question is where does it go from here?
In a country rich in natural resources and culture, the economic footprint in large-scale infrastructure projects and urban expansion of Phnom Penh. While on the flip side a call to action for sustainable preservation of the country’s unique heritage and vast wilderness areas, forests coastal areas, and islands.”
The discussion aims to look at how “Phnom Penh is transforming into a modern Asian gateway, where is tourism evolving beyond the legacy destination of Angkor Wat and how can a series of eco-tourism entrepreneurs are rewriting the future.”
Speakers – Cambodia Business Briefing 2021
• Sokoun Chanpreda – Managing Director, HMD Asia
• Jesper Palmqvist – Area Director -Asia Pacific, STR
• Peter Meyer – CEO, Lodgis Hospitality
• Marc Townsend – Chairman, CBRE Cambodia
• Willem Niemeijer – Founder & CEO, YAANA Ventures
• Kim Hoan Pheng – Delivering Asia Communications, Cambodia
Co – Moderators
• David Johnson – CEO, Delivering Asia Communications
• Bill Barnett – Managing Director, C9 Hotelworks
• Sumi Soorian – Business Development Director, Delivering Asia Communications
You can register online here. The webinar will be at 1500 Phnom Penh/Bangkok time and 1600 Singapore/Hong Kong time.
Cambodian Business Forums
The Singapore Business Club is also hosting a Cambodia Economy Outlook 2022 webinar on Thursday, October 21, 2021, via ZOOM. The discussion will centre on what Cambodia can expect for 2022, and where the opportunities may lie.
The speakers include:
- Mr. Ong Teong Hoon, director of Phillip Bank
- Mr. Liow Yee Kai, RHT Law
- Mr. Joshua Wong, CB Insurance
ASEAN Tourism Forum 2022
The Kingdom will also chair the ASEAN Tourism Forum in Sihanoukville from Jan 16-22 2022. The international event is expected to attract 2,000 participants from more than 25 countries, “as well as tourism ministers and leaders, and national and international investors” reported the PP Post.
ATF 2022 will include a number of key events such as the Meeting of ASEAN National Tourism Organisations (NTO), ASEAN Tourism Ministers’ Meeting and the Travel Exchange (Travex) trade fair.