This Policy applies to all external parties, namely, visitors to B2B-Cambodia websites and social media pages, subscribers to B2B-Cambodia briefings and marketing materials, and any other individual whose personal information may be collected, stored and used by B2B-Cambodia or its partners. This Policy also applies to B2B-Cambodia’s management of personal information across all of its offices (in Cambodia and internationally).
B2B-Cambodia understands that the right of individuals to their privacy is important, and demonstrates this by complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) B2B-Cambodia as well as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
HOW B2B-CAMBODIA COLLECTS PERSONAL INFORMATION
B2B-Cambodia collects personal information only by lawful and fair means, where it is reasonably necessary for or directly related to B2B-Cambodia functions under the B2B-Cambodia Act 2004 (Cth). It is B2B-Cambodia’s usual practice to collect personal information directly from you when you deal with B2B-Cambodia by phone, letter, email, face-to-face or online, including when you:
- Make an enquiry with B2B-Cambodia;
- Register an account on a B2B-Cambodia website;
- Subscribe to a newsletter or register to receive brochures (e.g. through a B2B-Cambodia website);
- Apply to attend or exhibit at a B2B-Cambodia event;
- Enter a promotion or competition, including at a B2B-Cambodia event or through a B2B-Cambodia websites;
- Have business dealings with B2B-Cambodia (whether as job applicant, as an employee of one of B2B-Cambodia’s external service providers, if you work for a government agency B2B-Cambodia deals with, in the context of a transaction, or if you volunteer personal information to B2B-Cambodia).
Where it is practicable, you may choose to remain anonymous or adopt a pseudonym when dealing with B2B-Cambodia.
PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT B2B-CAMBODIA COLLECTS
The types of personal information that B2B-Cambodia collects will depend on the nature of your dealings with its products and services and may include your name, contact details, photographic information, your views and opinions about B2B-Cambodia services, travel information. In particular:
- If you register to receive e-newsletters from B2B-Cambodia, your name, address and email address will be collected. This is so B2B-Cambodia can provide you with material likely to be of interest to you.
- If you deal with B2B-Cambodia in the course of business, B2B-Cambodia will generally collect only your business contact details (so B2B-Cambodia can communicate with you for normal business purposes).
- B2B-Cambodia also collects personal information about its employees (including job applicants) and contractors (personnel records).
- If you make a complaint, B2B-Cambodia will generally collect your name, address or email address and details about the complaint.
HOW B2B-CAMBODIA USES AND DISCLOSES PERSONAL INFORMATION
B2B-Cambodia will only use and disclose personal information for the purpose for which it was collected, or otherwise in accordance with the Privacy Act. For example, if you register on a B2B-Cambodia website to receive information about travelling to Cambodia, B2B-Cambodia will use your name and email address to send you this information. Other examples include use or disclosure for the purpose of:
- Providing you with the publications or services you have requested;
- Marketing communications;
- Complaint handling;
- Research and forecasting;
- Employment purposes; and,
- Performing specific statutory or administrative functions, for example responding to a request under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 or under the Privacy Act.
Examples of third parties B2B-Cambodia may disclose your personal information to include state and territory tourism authorities in the course of conducting trade events, external service providers such as IT consultants, professional advisers, publishing houses and marketing/advertising agencies, Commonwealth ministers, or business partners with whom B2B-Cambodia has a formal contractual relationship with.
In the context of B2B-Cambodia’s Aussie Specialist Program, B2B-Cambodia will disclose personal information only with the consent of participants in that program. If B2B-Cambodia obtain participant’s consent, personal information about them may be disclosed to organisations involved in the Cambodian tourism industry such as airlines, hotels, tour operators and product suppliers.
B2B-Cambodia will not use or disclose personal information for a purpose other than that for which it was collected unless:
- Your consent is obtained;
- B2B-Cambodia is required to, or authorised by an Cambodian law or a court or tribunal order; or,
- Otherwise in accordance with the Privacy Act.
B2B-Cambodia may also use or disclose your personal information for a secondary purpose related to, or directly related to, the purpose of collection where you would reasonably expect that your information would be used for this other purpose. These secondary purposes may include activities such as public education or quality assurance.
At or before the time B2B-Cambodia collects your personal information (or as soon as practical afterwards), B2B-Cambodia will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to provide you with a collection notice containing the following information setting out, among other things, the purpose of collection.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OVERSEAS
It is possible that B2B-Cambodia will disclose your personal information overseas as part of its marketing functions.
B2B-Cambodia does not disclose your personal information to any overseas recipient unless one of the following applies:
- The recipient is subject to a law or binding scheme substantially similar to the Cambodian Privacy Principles, including mechanisms for enforcement.
- You have consented to the disclosure after being expressly informed that B2B-Cambodia will not be taking reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach the Cambodian Privacy Principles.
- It is required or authorised by law.
- It is required or authorised by an international agreement relating to information sharing to which Australia is a party.
- It is reasonably necessary for an enforcement related activity conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body and the recipient performs similar functions.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
B2B-Cambodia takes security of personal information seriously and has implemented a range of physical and electronic security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure or misuse including the implementation of firewalls.
Electronic records of personal information collected by B2B-Cambodia are stored in databases that are hosted on servers in Cambodia as well as overseas, primarily in Singapore and the US. Records relating to consumers are stored in databases that are hosted on servers in B2B-Cambodia’s overseas locations. In each case, B2B-Cambodia’s IT systems are protected by appropriate IT security measures.
B2B-Cambodia also requires its staff to ensure that paper records containing personal information are stored securely. B2B-Cambodia’s employees are bound by confidentiality obligations as a condition of their employment, and this extends to ensuring that personal information collected by B2B-Cambodia is kept confidential.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to seek access to the records of personal information that B2B-Cambodia holds about you. You also have the right to ask B2B-Cambodia to alter your personal information if you think the information is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading.
If you wish to access or correct your personal information that B2B-Cambodia holds, please submit a written request setting out what information you wish to access or correct, your name and a mailing/email address to the Manager, Legal and Governance, using the contact details set out at the end of this Policy. B2B-Cambodia may require you to verify your identity. B2B-Cambodia will respond to your request within 30 days.
If B2B-Cambodia refuses to provide you with access to your personal information or to correct that information as you request, it will provide you with reasons for that refusal and information about how to make a complaint.
If B2B-Cambodia refuses to correct your personal information, IT will take reasonable steps to associate a statement with your personal information that you consider the information to be inaccurate.
ONLINE PRIVACY ISSUES
If you use B2B-Cambodia’s website, information is recorded about your visit for web personalisation, research and statistical and reporting purposes as well as to allow B2B-Cambodia to improve its websites, products and services.
In general, you can visit B2B-Cambodia’s websites without telling B2B-Cambodia who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. However, there are times when B2B-Cambodia may need to collect your personal information. For instance, if you register to receive B2B-Cambodia publications or to attend an event, B2B-Cambodia will need to collect some personal information from you for this purpose. In this case, B2B-Cambodia will provide notice and seek your permission to send you further electronic communications, and for your personal information to be stored in its databases. If at any time after submitting your personal information to B2B-Cambodia you would no longer like to receive information, simply follow the “unsubscribe” directions at the end of any email communications you receive, or contact B2B-Cambodia using the contact details listed at the end of this Policy.
No attempt will be made by B2B-Cambodia to identify website users or their browsing activities except in the unlikely event of an investigation where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect server logs. The statistics and log files may be preserved indefinitely and used at any time and in any way necessary to prevent security breaches and to ensure the integrity of the information supplied by B2B-Cambodia.
Where you use B2B-Cambodia’s social media pages (such as Facebook or Instagram) B2B-Cambodia will not collect any personal information about you without your consent.
B2B-Cambodia strives to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to its websites, and periodically updates its security measures in light of current technologies. You need to be aware of inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the Internet. B2B-Cambodia cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any personal information you submit to its websites. If you have concerns in this regard, B2B-Cambodia has other ways of obtaining and providing information. Postal services, phone and fax facilities are available.
B2B-Cambodia websites may also be linked to websites operated by third parties. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship, endorsement or approval of these websites. Visitors to those websites should refer to their separate privacy policies and practices, e.g. Google Analytics and Adobe packages.
If you wish to complain about how B2B-Cambodia manages personal information, you should submit a written complaint by post or email using the contact details set out in this policy. B2B-Cambodia will endeavour to respond to your complaint within 30 days.