- This event has passed.
2019 PropertyGuru Cambodia Property Awards
May 3 @ 6:30 pm - 10:30 pm
ABOUT THE AWARDS
Celebrating its fourth annual edition, the PropertyGuru Cambodia Property Awards, presented by Kohler, is the biggest and most respected industry awards in the country, honouring the year’s top and emerging names in real estate celebrating the best developers, projects, design and innovation within the industry. It is part of the regional PropertyGuru Asia Property Awards programme established in 2005. With a professionally run awards system supervised by BDO, one of the world’s largest auditing and accountancy firms, the Cambodia Property Awards is the gold standard in real estate.
To recognise Cambodia’s rapidly growing property and construction sectors; to provide a widely respected and trusted regional platform to showcase the achievements and innovation of developers; and to inform residents of Asian countries more choices of quality real estate.
NOMINATIONS & ENTRIES SUBMISSION
Nominations are open to the public. Eligible entries from developers are accepted online via AwardEntrySystem.com. Entry is free. Terms and Conditions apply. The full category list is available at AsiaPropertyAwards.com.
5 November 2018 – Nominations and Entries Open
1 March 2019 – Nominations Close
8 March 2019 – Entries Close
25 March to 5 April 2019 – Site Inspections
8 April 2019 – Final Judging
3 May 2019 – Gala Dinner and Awards Ceremony
GALA DINNER & AWARDS CEREMONY
Winners, Highly Commended awardees, and recipients of special awards are honoured on Friday, 3 May 2019 at the Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra ballroom. The evening starts with an hour of cocktail reception at 18:00, followed by opening remarks at 19:30, four-course dinner at 20:00, awards presentation at 20:30, and ends at 22:30.
Around 400 guests attend the gala dinner, which is exclusive for shortlisted developers and sponsors, comprising C-level and senior industry figures in real estate development, property consultancy, construction, marketing, property technology, legal, finance, and architecture and design. Select members of the media cover the event.
INDEPENDENT JUDGING PANEL
All judges are required to declare any conflict of interest:
• CHAIRPERSON: Sorn Seap – Founder & Director, Key Real Estate Co Ltd
• David Littlejohn – Sales & Marketing Manager, Comin Khmere
• Michel Cassagnes – Managing Director, Archetype Cambodia
• Simon Griffiths – Managing Director, Urban Assets Solutions
• Sok Siphana – Managing Partner, SokSiphana&associates
• Thida Ann – Director, CBRE Cambodia
BDO Cambodia oversees the ethical, fair, transparent and credible judging process:
• Lim Seng Siew – Partner
• Sok Sochetra – Assistant Manager
• Norng Kiman – Senior Associate
• Developer awards – the judges carefully consider a company’s reputation, image and corporate social responsibility initiatives, overall track record, displays of innovation, and major achievements in the past 12 months.
• Development awards – entries are judged based on location, design, value for money, use of space, quality of amenities, and construction and materials used, unique selling point, state of completion, and sales success.
• Design awards – entries are judged based on overall all design concept, innovative and efficient use of space, site layout, internal layout, sustainable function, quality of amenities, and construction and materials used, state of completion, and sales success.
SPONSORS & PARTNERS
The 2019 PropertyGuru Cambodia Property Awards is supported by platinum sponsor Kohler; gold sponsor Hitachi Elevator; official airline partner Emirates; official magazine PropertyGuru Property Report; media partners BizKhmer, Construction & Property Magazine, Master Media, and Southeast Asia GLOBE; and official supervisor BDO.
• Launched in late 2015 with Simon Griffiths (formerly of CBRE Cambodia) as inaugural chairman of the judges, the Cambodia Property Awards has been held annually at the Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra. The inaugural edition on 25 February 2016 – attended by 327 guests – presented 13 awards to 15 shortlisted developers.
• In 2017, Sorn Seap of Key Real Estate assumed the role of head judge, and the ceremony welcomed an estimated 300 guests. Receiving a total of 32 entries, the event raised the categories to 17, recognising 11 shortlisted developers with 17 awards and 11 Highly Commended distinctions.
• The third edition in 2018 was its biggest yet, attended by 367 guests. From 55 entries, a total of 26 awards and 30 Highly Commended certificates were presented to 14 companies and entities that included the Municipality of Phnom Penh. New categories include Positive Construction Practices, Sustainable Development, Public Facility, and Universal Design – a reflection of Cambodia’s maturing property market.
• Cambodia’s Ministry of Land Management, Urban Planning and Construction has strongly supported the event, with Secretary of State H.E. Dr Pen Sophal keynoting the 2016 and 2018 galas, and H.E. Senior Minister Chea Sophara delivering the keynote in 2017.
• To date, Peng Huoth Group is the first developer in PropertyGuru Asia Property Awards’s 14-year history to win three consecutive Best Developer titles at the local competition.
• Cambodia has produced two recipients of the Real Estate Personality of the Year title: Rithy Sear, Chairman & Founder, Worldbridge Cambodia (2016); Hun Chansan, Founder, Design Director & Principal Architect, Re-Edge Architecture + Design (2018).
• CTN TV and affiliate Cambodia News Channel have aired the live telecast of the ceremony since 2016.
• The 2019 edition opens categories for Best Entertainment Development, Best Educational Development, Best Medical Development, and Best Gaming Venue, and new special awards for Design and Construction, Building Communities, and Customer Care.
ABOUT THE ORGANISER
PropertyGuru Group is Asia’s leading online property company and the preferred destination for over 25 million property seekers to find their dream home, every month. PropertyGuru and its group companies empower the property seekers with the widest option of more than 2 million homes, in-depth insights and solutions that enable them to make confident property decision across Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam.
PropertyGuru.com.sg was launched in 2007 and revolutionised the Singapore property market by taking it online and made property search transparent for the property seeker. Over the decade, the group has grown from a regional property media powerhouse to a high-growth technology company with a robust portfolio of No.1 property portals, award-winning mobile apps; best-in-class developer sales enablement platform, ePropertyTrack and a host of industry-leading property offerings such as awards, events and publications across Asia. For more information, please visit PropertyGuruGroup.com.
For sponsorships and nominations, contact Phumet Puttasimma via firstname.lastname@example.org or +66 81 426 8714. For all other enquiries, email email@example.com.