- This event has passed.
National Monetary Policy in Promoting Cambodia’s Economic Sustainability
25/10/2016 @ 11:30 am - 2:00 pm$35
Monetary policy is the process by which the monetary authority of a country, including Cambodia, controls the supply of money, often targeting an inflation rate or interest rate to ensure price stability and general trust in the currency.
The inflation in Cambodia has been managed at a low rate with an average of less than 5 percent, which is appropriate for developing countries. Cambodia’s monetary policy is determined and directed by the principal mission of the National Bank of Cambodia (NBC).
The NBC is also developing additional monetary policy instruments to enhance monetary policy effectiveness through issuing Negotiable Certificates of Deposit (NCDs), developing interbank and monetary markets, and promoting the use of riel.
The Cambodian Federation of Employers and Business Associates (CAMFEBA) is pleased to invite all business representatives to an incredible lunch discussion on the subject above in order to update the current and future development of our monetary policy which will also involve in your investment.
$35/person for CAMFEBA members, $50/person for non-members
Benefits from attending:
- Gain more knowledge regarding the role of NBC
- Raise greater awareness on the impacts and list of preparations for business in response to monetary policy framework
- Learn more about the policy instruments of NBC to enhance the country’s economic growth
- Best practice sharing of private sector in promoting the use of Cambodian Riel
- Opportunity to network with your new business partners