The Ministry of Economy and Finance Cambodian Single Portal second phase is due to be released on September 1 2021. This is set to add the Ministries of Industry, Science, Technology & Innovation, Ministry of Tourism, and Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications, as well as the Non-Bank Financial Services Authority’s Real Estate Business and Pawnshop Regulator.
We previously wrote about the update of Phase II to the online business registration portal, which was initially released in 2020. The portal had generated more than $2.6 billion in registered capital in the first 12 months and it only had six ministries listed.
Minister of Economy and Finance Aun Pornmoniroth confirmed that the number of companies registered through Single Portal was 7,715 by August 24 2021, with a total capital of nearly USD $3 billion:
- Construction: 25.32 per cent
- Automotive sector: 16.44 per cent
- Real estate: 15.53 per cent
- Manufacturing: 14.3 per cent
- Finance and insurance: 8.22 per cent
Phase II should see the following all included on the Single Portal:
- Ministry of Commerce
- General Department of Taxation
- Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training
- Ministry of Interior
- Council of Development of Cambodia
- Ministry of Economy and Finance
- Ministry of Industry Science, Technology & Innovation
- Ministry of Tourism
- Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications
- Non-Bank Financial Services Authority’s Real Estate Business and Pawnshop Regulator
It is thought that the Ministry of Health and General Department of Customs and Excise of Cambodia will be added to the Single Portal at a later date reported the Phnom Penh Post.
You can read more on our guide on how to register with the Single Portal system but we advise you to follow any official changes and updates on the official website.